> there is nothing hard about USE="-* cxx" but while most here want to say
> 'fuck
> the users' (and i'm inclined to agree), i'd rather not field those
> bugs/questions/etc...

The average gentoo newbie is not going to know anything about "-*" in
/etc/make.conf.  Mostly it's folks that have been around for a system
build or two before they start adding the "-*" at the beginning of their
USE flags.

I may be wrong but I don't believe the gentoo install doco even mentions
"-*" as part of USE flag setup.

So basically if only 'experienced', yet misguided, folks are using '-*',
then the only bugs to come up from this would be ABKB bugs, leaving them
with egg on their face for messing with '-*' in the first place.