On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 19:29 -0500, Nathan L. Adams wrote:

> <rant>
> You're just missing the fact that a flat file (or whatever it is you're
> clinging to; for the purpose of this rant, I shall refer to your simple
> data format as "flat file") has trade-offs, just like XML's trade off is
> parsing overhead. XML was designed to solve certain problems;
> portability of data, separation and portability of presentation from the
> data, etc. Complexity in the parser is the trade-off.

Perhaps I'm missing something here but I thought the concept of --news
is to get information in front of as many eyes as possible.  It seems
that information could just as easily be:

This upgrade is going to be a PITA and we highly recommend that you read
one (or more) of the following resources before proceeding:

http://www.gentoo.org/wherever/upgrade-instructions
http://forums.gentoo.org/thread=whatever
http://lists.gmane.org/link-to-mail-thread.

You have been warned.  Have a nice day. (tm)

This would have the simplicity of a flat file and all the functionality
of XML at once so we can eat our cake too.  Just a thought.

> Nathan

Best Regards,
--
Tres Melton