On Friday 04 November 2005 14:38, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
> Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> > What is worse is that some
> > users might not update for a prolongued time (6 months). At that time
> > they will not find the information in the erata list anymore. But
> > they will get the RELEVANT news delivered by emerge/enews.
>
> Why would a "SomeSQL 1.0 to 1.1" guide ever need to dissappear? Surely
> errata.g.o would have archiving/searching. But I do see your point
> about emerge filtering out the unwanted stuff.

It would be hidden in the forrest. Even if I did a search on SomeSQL, it
might return a number of news items on SomeSQL. That is besides the fact
that I have 737 packages installed. I'm not going to search news on all
of them. Archiving would of course be provided, but searching is not
usefull for updating.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze