19.11.2005, 0:29:24, Kurt Lieber wrote:

> What purpose does this serve?  This would create all sorts of confusion.
> Right now, you can meet someone in IRC and make a reasonable assumption that
> their email address is <irc nick>@gentoo.org.  This would confuse things
> horribly imo.  What about people like me that span multiple roles?

> What happens when someone (again, like me) starts out in one area, moves to
> another, then still a third and finally a fourth?  We're going to be
> updating aliases all over the place and for what?

> How does any of this make Gentoo Linux a better distro?  Does it reduce
> bugs?  Improve QA?  Can I add -staff.gentoo.org to my CFLAGS and get a
> 0.00001% speed increase?

> There is no technical reason why any of this is necessary and it doesn't
> provide any tangible benefits that I can see.  If a user really wants to
> know someone's role within the project, they can go look it up on the web
> site.

+1 on this, and please don't touch bugzie aliases, there's enough mess as it is
(postgresl herd - [EMAIL PROTECTED]; apache herd - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) If you want to do something useful, then please check that
you have existing alias in metadata.xml for the ebuilds that you are
maintaining (to name a few: qt, secure-tunneling or comm-fax is NOT an existing
alias on bugzilla).

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 GPG signature: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature ;)