On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 01:43:28PM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 09:19:56AM +0100, Harald van D??k wrote:
> > LDFLAGS? Assuming you meant ASFLAGS, this doesn't affect C files,
>
> correct
>
> > would need rechecking of the assembly code on updates just as much as
> > patches which add .note.GNU-stack would, right?
>
> no
>
> you were supposed to send that patch upstream, i guess you didnt huh

In my first message I explained the reason for asking about these kinds
of patches: because your reason against them -- that they can't be sent
upstream -- didn't apply. So I guess this situation would be that I did
send a patch upstream, but it simply wasn't accepted yet. This can
happen with any patch, even those of your preferred kind.