On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:09:02 +0900 Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| What's a 'PORTDIR'?

A PORTDIR is a well defined, widely used variable.

| What's a 'metadata'?

A metadata is a well defined, widely used directory in the tree.

| Outside of portage, these are also magic name voodoo.

Sure. Where in the GLEP does it say that I care about supporting Debian?

| But I've grown tired of your imperfect circles. I think your design
| sucks and you think that my solution to making it not suck is too
| soon. The solution to that seems simple to me. Rather than have
| 'package manager' do anything, just have it provide hooks that will
| allow you to do your thing at the times you want.

Exactly what I am doing. Hence why I'm not making Portage know any more
than it really really has to about news.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm