On Tuesday 27 December 2005 01:46, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> You solve this either by SLOTting bar and making each bar SLOT use a
> SLOT dep upon KDE, or by using USE flags and [use]:slot deps.

It's not a that uncommon case and would lead to dozens, very likely (depending
on the future development of KDE and libs around it) hundreds of duplicated
ebuilds. In short: Your approach would result in a unmaintainable mess and is
not going to become reality.

> The proposed syntax is cleaner than shoving arbitrary stuff inside
> [bleh].

You know the disagree thingie. But it's not that I have to ride on it any
longer.

Carsten