On Tuesday 27 December 2005 23:12, Petteri Räty wrote:

> This has the side affect that the library location code is not used
> until I code or take the logic from glibc from example.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/bin $ checkdeps.rb subversion
> dev-libs/apr
> dev-libs/apr-util
> dev-libs/expat
> dev-libs/openssl
> dev-util/subversion
> net-misc/neon
> sys-libs/db || app-office/openoffice-bin
> sys-libs/gdbm
> sys-libs/glibc
> sys-libs/zlib

Unfortunately scanelf also doesn't know (nor can it know) that some libraries
like apr-util do not link against the libraries they need, but leave it for
users to link against them properly by means of the apu-config utility. As
such subversion could link against libldap. It does however not depend on
libldap, as this comes from apr-util. Perhaps this means that apr-util should
be fixed, but it certainly does not mean that subversion missed a dep.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Gentoo Developer