On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:58:52 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Marcelo Góes wrote:
| > Indeed, logrotate functionality should be optional. Ebuilds that
| > install logrotate stuff without asking should be updated to use the
| > logrotate USE flag.
| >
| > I'm making it a global USE flag if nobody complains.
|
| You want people to recompile the whole package to get another text
| file installed?
|
| People who don't want it can set INSTALL_MASK. It should be installed
| by default and not switchable with a USE flag.

We already had this discussion. It's not that it's another file, it's
that it's another file in /etc, which is backed up and requires
administrator attention on every upgrade. Packages shouldn't stick
stuff in /etc on a whim.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm