Henrik Brix Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> In December last year Savannah changed their CVS from anonymous SSH to
> pserver, causing quite a few of our live CVS ebuilds to need changes.
>
> Back then, I opened bug #115327 listing the offending ebuilds and
> mostly all, except the GNUStep ebuilds, have now been updated for this
> change.
>
> However, since the GNUStep herd is void, no one has stepped up to fix
> those ebuilds - meaning we have a bunch of useless, non-functional,
> live CVS ebuilds laying around in portage, see the list below.
>
> Since no developer seems to have interest in fixing and maintaining
> those ebuilds, I suggest we remove them from portage. Any objections?
> Any volounteers?

A lot of ebuilds probably fall under this category, and we should figure
out how we want to handle all of them.  I say mask the GNUStep stuff for a
month or two, put something on staffing-needs saying we need someone to
maintain them, and see what happens.  You can put me down as the contact on
the staffing-needs page if you want.  I hate to see things that are useful
to our users taken from the tree, but there isn't much we can do when
there is no one to maintain them.

--
Mark Loeser   -   Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
email         -   halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org