On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 11:50:18AM +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> I feel really confused. Have you read the logs of the recent affair?
> Devrel *hadn't* requested anything, infra made an action on their own
> and *didn't* revert it even after being told by devrel that no action
> was requested.

And then there was much discussion and it was largely resolved
between the two projects, so I don't see how it's relevant to what I
said.

> Sure infra has to pick up the pieces, that's their job. If they don't
> like it and think that $someone is about to screw up something while
> devrel doesn't think so and devrel don't change their mind after a talk
> with infra, even then infra should have *no power* to suspend the dev in
> question. At least that's how I see the infra's role as I already stated
> several times on -core. Politics != system administration.

I said when devrel breaks, not when infra and devrel disagree.

I can't comment on the most recent issue, I had no involvement, have no
opinion, and don't feel like getting into a mailing list war over
something that's already been resolved even if I did -- including
current devrel/infra relations since it's no longer considered part of
the proposed code of conduct :)

--
Jon Portnoy
avenj/irc.freenode.net