On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 03:30:10 +0100 Christel Dahlskjaer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| What do you believe could make Gentoo more attractive
| to new users and to current users?

Something that's often missed in these discussions... The only serious
interaction between Gentoo and nearly all of our end users is through
the tree, package manager and related tools and our documentation. Most
of our users don't regularly read mailing lists, use IRC or the forums,
so the only thing they really see is what happens when they emerge
--sync and install things.

I'm not entirely sure how bugzilla fits into all this. I suspect that
it's nowhere near as widely used by end users as it could be.

Three things I can think of that can be drawn from this:

* GLEP 42

* All the pretty pink unicorns in the world aren't going to make a
scrap of difference if the tree keeps breaking.

* If we're looking to increase the flow of end users -> super users ->
developers, perhaps we should focus more upon improving development
tools or development documentation.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm