Alexandre Buisse wrote:
The opensolaris project has done a similar thing[1]. The three finalists
were bazaar[2], mercurial[3] and git[4], and the winner was eventually
mercurial. This is also the recommended choice from the EuroBSDcon
slides, so definitely something to consider.

Indeed, although EuroBSDcon didn't even analyze git, just mentioned it in passing. It also seems that we have a fair lack of expertise relating to it, but there has been no shortage of contributions about subversion and git, at least.

The problem I had with the opensolaris testing is that they didn't seem to do any direct comparisons between the SCMs -- they were all isolated and based on a requirements doc. This makes it difficult to easily figure out how they balance out.

There have been a fair number of changes since the version of git analyzed in the opensolaris testing (1.2.2).

Thanks,
Donnie