On Thu, 04 May 2006 11:44:18 +0100
Stuart Herbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, if you have a separate tree per-arch, that tree can be tested
> and approved for release as a single unit.

How big would this tree be? Would it be every package? How will this make the
arch teams' life easier and/or the users' experience better? I still fail to
see how this will work any differently than what we have today. Today we have
~arch, someone tests the package for stability on an arch system, and marks it
stable. The tester is effectively integrating the package into a stable system.
Maybe you could explain how the procedure might go with branches for getting a
package from just put into the tree to ~arch to arch and what happens with
version bumps.

~tcort