On Wednesday 17 May 2006 21:44, Stephen Bennett wrote:
> On Wed, 17 May 2006 21:17:55 +0200
>
> Paul de Vrieze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > No, these packages are available to paludis, but not to portage.
> > Basically making a case for the use of paludis. I don't think that
> > the decision to replace portage should be made in that way.
>
> To reiterate here, we're not proposing introducing any paludis-specific
> features into ebuilds. Only profiles, and those profiles wouldn't
> provide anything that would provide users who wouldn't otherwise want
> to use paludis with any incentive to switch.

I know. I wanted to make clear the requirements I have that must be met
accomodation for a specific package manager can be made in the tree. This
holds for paludis. If these requirements are not met, the profile should
not be added.

Up to now I have not been convinced that paludis meets those requirements,
nor that my requirements are invalid. As such I don't think the profile
should be added.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze