Harald van Dijk wrote:
> [..] encourages broken packages.
> et_EE breakage should be fixed, and slowly but surely is[..]

That is your main problem here and I have discussed this in IRC with you and
it is true in my opinion that it does not improve gentoo or make the
distribution any better to close et_EE bugs as WONTFIX.

But the default should be C to make sure everyone can compile their system
without an error, and if people want locale output and help with bugfixing
they can of course enable it in their make.conf and keep the bugs coming :)

Also developers wont have to translate that often or ask for translations
when the default locale is C. Developers are more likely to fix a bug
quickly if they do not have to ask twice :)

Kind regards,
Stefan