Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> Since when was overlays.gentoo.org supposed to even be a service to our
> users?  As I understand it, the goal was to ease development, not to
> provide an easy method for half-working ebuilds to make it to our user's
> machines.

Our users are our biggest base of testers, and the point of overlays is
to develop and test, so of course one of the goals is to get overlays
onto users' (testers') machines. Making testing as easy as possible is
important. But it should be clear that it is testing, and if the apps
were ready for the real Portage tree, they'd be in it.

Thanks,
Donnie