Marius Mauch wrote:
> <genone> and my point is that users often don't even realize that
> their post contains non-english text

Make Portage add a line with "Some of the previous errors were reported
in non-English language. If you want to get support from official
channel, please run `LC_ALL=C command`." when it detects a non-English
locale.

> Basically I don't think the benefit is rather dubious or maybe it's
> just that I had some rather bad experiences with translated versions of
> FOSS applications, but I'm quite opposed to this part of the project
> unless you have a way to remove my concerns.

Sure, translating GCC output is *not* good, but why don't provide
localized version of Portage messages like, for example, those when
Portage complains about unsatisfied dependency?

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth