On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 05:50:05PM +0100, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
> > As for why the Council, because thats what people suggested when I asked
> > which route to take when he was unresponsive.

I see, and that puts your suggestion of conctacting the council in a
different angle.

[some stuff skipped as it seems to be cleared up]

> > > Huh? Can you back that statement up?
> >
> > To take an example, there were made up quotes in my GWN interview,
> > however, nothing of great harm. I believe that time it was a case of
> > attempting to make it more fun, it is however a worrying trend.

Agreed, that shouldn't happen.

> > > http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20060522-newsletter.xml#doc_chap3
> > > Look at the picture and tell me it's not at least a tiny bit
> > > humorous. Agreed, the joke is a bit obvious.
> >
> > I can't quite see how your picture has anything to do with writing style
> > and character of writing.

It's something a not humorous publication probably wouldn't print -
but whatever. ;-)

> > I am not entirely sure why the council wouldn't be a good place to start
> > a discussion about this. I believe that the council members will wish to
> > help the GWN help themselves sufficiently to solve their problems,
> > whether that be attempting to help them think of new ways to attract
> > contributors or make any other changes.

I'm not sure how the council can do something here either, i think
discussing it here on the list may probably help solve some issues.

cheers,
        Wernfried

--
Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org