On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:47:42 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], excerpted below, on  Wed, 14
> Jun 2006 11:29:06 -0400:
>
>> The use.default file in default-linux is now empty. The one in base
>> gives you nothing to compare it against. Was there another file you
>> meant?
>
> You don't /need/ another file to compare it against.  That you seem to
> think you do implies you don't quite understand how the thing worked,
> which explains why you don't see the problem with it.

I responded to this sentence:
>>Interested in
>>figuring out what use flags were turned off?  Check out
>>/usr/portage/profiles/base/use.defaults and other use.defaults files
>>that correspond to your profile.

I read that to mean "compare the base use.default with the other
use.defaults file and note the differences." It could also read "look at
the base use.default as well as the other use.default files." It was a
case of semantics and an ambiguously worded sentence, not my inability to
comprehend use.defaults.

--
Peter