On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 10:28 -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:

> Now, the java team is an official Gentoo project...

And even more pertinent (and a point that got lost in all this, sadly):

The gentoo-java's migration effort is NOT an overlay in the sense that
breakmygentoo or sunrise are. It is merely a branch.

If we were using a distributed version control tool, or even subversion
for the tree rather than good ol' CVS, I'm quite sure that all of their
work would have been done on a branch inside the primary tree's revision
control system, rather than externally in a (whoa) subversion repo of
their own.

Oh well. I just hope this doesn't affect nichoj and karltk and the
others too badly as they finish up their year+ of effort to complete
this branch and merge it back into HEAD.

AfC
Sydney