Jakub Moc wrote:
> Anders Hellgren wrote:

>> FWIW, there was almost an hour's worth of discussion before the start of
>> the log KingTaco posted. As a bystander, my guess is that the discussion
>> took place in the devrel channel because a complaint about the use of
>> the bugzilla whiteboard by the sunrise folks was brought up in that
>> channel. The compromise was made to defuse further escalation to a
>> formal complaint to devrel.
>>
>> /Anders
>> -- Anders Hellgren (kallamej)
>> Gentoo Forums Administrator
>
> OK, so - java folks, please, take your java migration overlay bugs
> somewhere else from bugzilla. You know very well I had no problem w/
> assigning them, I just requested them to be clearly marked as such
> (which the users have been doing, thank you for that). Since some
> developers consider such use of bugzilla as misuse of Gentoo
> infrastructure and have gone so far that they involved devrel in this
> discussion, I'm not going to assign those bugs any more.
>
> Your 'thank you' goes especially to brix, your complaints go to devrel
> as a body that proclaimed themselves empowered to decide on acceptable
> bugzilla usage. There's no technical difference between using bugzilla
> for unofficial java migration overlay hosted on gentooexperimental.org
> and using it for unofficial overlay hosted on gentoo-sunrise.org (and
> even usage of keywords and status whiteboard for unofficial overlays
> counts as a misuse of bugzilla here). Devrel's current policy clearly is
> that bugzilla may only be used for official overlays hosted on
> overlays.gentoo.org,
>

> Sorry for the inconvenience, not my fault.

Umm.... maybe it's just to early in the morning, but I don't see
anything in the logs regarding using bugzilla for overlays not on
overlays.gentoo.org. I only see references to sunrise specifically, not
a blanket statement for all non-overlays.gentoo.org overlays

Or was this part of a discussion / decision that wasn't on this mailing
list...?

Josh