* Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

<snip>

> Non gcc compilers have never been supported and probably never will be.

If someone decides to work on that topic, IMHO the best approach
would be providing an gcc-style frontend, so we actually get
an drop-in-replacement (at least from the command line view).

I've done something similar w/ my universal toolchain project,
which works compiler-independent (although I currently have only
an gcc backend ;-o) and also provides an drop-in-replacement for
libtool w/ gcc as an additional frontend.

    http://wiki.metux.de/public/Universal_Toolchain

cu