Tach Jeroen,                                  0x2B859DE3 (PGP-PK-ID)

Jeroen Roovers schrieb:
> I propose the `emerge --info` included in arch testers' comments on
> stabilisation bugs should rather be posted as attachments. The AT
> comments clog up the bugs and are usually not interesting at all to devs
> other than those who are arch devs for the relevant arches. It would
> certainly improve my RSI not to have to scroll past them.

 And when there is a problem, attachments have to be opened...some more
steps, especially when there have been a dozen testers and their info has
to be filtered out of the attachment list.

> On a minor note, I'd also like to see bug reporters use canonical
> package names in bug descriptions, including the category (and
> preferably the specific version, not some >=foo-3*!!!one, not to mention
> specifying no version at all). Including the category means arch devs
> won't need to guess/discover which of a few hundred categories a package
> is meant to reside in.

 Seconded.

V-Li

--
Fingerprint: 68C5 D381 B69A A777 6A91 E999 350A AD7C 2B85 9DE3
http://www.gnupg.org/