On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 20:07 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 August 2006 16:30, Luis Medinas wrote:
> > So i'm asking for a solution either remove xmms, move the maintainer for
> > anyone who volunteer or the sound herd.
>
> no one has answered the previous problems ... xmms is the only audioplayer
> that actually works on some platforms ...

Most of the gstreamer audio players works just like xine-lib based.

> plus, has the audacious/gcc-4.1 issues been worked out ?
>
> > My plans now is replace xmms for xmms2 (that i would like to take the
> > maintainership). Opinions ? Ideas ?
>
> even if you were to do that right now, xmms2 isnt even close to being ready
> replace xmms

Yes you are right but atm xmms is obsolete and there is place for
another player. Xmms2 is a good player that needs of course ages of
development to be able to be like xmms.
Neither i or sound herd want to maintain xmms anymore. If there is
anyone that will take it we won't mind. But we won't waste more time on
a player that is obsolete with a dead upstream. So we would like to move
xmms to overlays.gentoo.org soon with another maintainer to take care of
it.

--
Gentoo Linux Developer
http://dev.gentoo.org/~metalgod