[user]

I started using gentoo on dec. 2003. This was my first "big" step after one year SuSE Linux. I was very delight when I saw, that I was able to build my own system (I always wanted it) with my own requirements and in the way I wanted it to be built. I was very happy when I didn't saw the rcX.d hell and using rc-update instead was very easy and confortable. I quickly noted that Gentoo was easier to configure thougth you don't use something graphical and I use gentoo since then, because I didn't find anything "better" for me in the last 3 years :)

Pablo

Pablo Yánez Trujillo
http://klingsor.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/

Chris White wrote:
So, wondering why people use Gentoo. Put [dev] or something if you're an actual gentoo dev and [user] if you're a user. Doesn't need to be fancy, you can put "community" or something if that's all you want. All responses off list please. Thanks.