George Shapovalov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> What I propose is to create a TLP page for "Gentoo Programming Resources" (or
> pick your name) and move all the individual languages into the subdirs of it.
> Any opinions? If I get any "yay's" or no "nays" I'll create a bug about it
> and then we can finalize the layout there..

I think this proposal is OK even it is just to organize the top level
listing a bit better.  It seems like a real mix right now -- Council
next to Common Lisp, PR next to Python and so on etc.

> (I just like to keep the trace of what is being done and the related
> discussions).
>
> The principal list of individual TLPs (as they stand now) is below:
> Common Lisp
> eselect
> java
> perl
> php
> python
> Ada  -- to be added

I'm surprised to see you've listed eselect in there.  Isn't that more
of a system tool?

> PPS
> We could add principal divisions there, like
>   Languages
>   Tools
>   whatever_else

I think this would be too deep a hierarchy.

--
Matthew Kennedy
Gentoo Linux Developer (Public Key 0x401903E0)