On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 05:54 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> in the example usages you cited, people where using `sudo` to just
> avoid running `su -` first ... in other words, their sudo was
> unlimited ... updating the sudoers file to allow EDITOR via env_keep
> would work fine for them
>
> in that scenario, running any app via EDITOR is not a concern as they
> already have the ability to run any command

That is right. And I've already raised concerns about this approach in
my mail:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/44218/focus=44238

And that is not an answer on question I've asked in this sub-thread:

Do you know any way *how* to specify "safe" editors list inside sudoers?

I've spent some time and did not found how can I force sudo to edit
files with only known editors inside EDITOR. env_keep just keep env
variable and does not allow to specify "safe" editors list. I suppose
that this is impossible.

Or... what do you mean by that:
"the sudo file has the ability to specify editor's, so why not tell
people to change their sudo config file ?"

English is not my native language thus may be I just misunderstood your
idea here. Sorry.

Peter.