On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:39:03 -0500
Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Roy Marples wrote:
> > Hopefully I've justified this enough :)
>
> justified what ?  this thread started off killing bash array
> requirements in the network config file and now it looks like your
> killing the shell everywhere ?

No, I'm just interesting in killing bash array requirements in the
network config file.
Once that is done, then you can use whatever shell you wish as far as
the init scripts allow, which will hopefully be all of them in portage.

> to be honest, unless the new code is really good, it's still going to
> be not suitable for real embedded systems ... sure, i run Gentoo on
> all my embedded machines, but lets be honest, these arent even close
> to real embedded -mike

I cannot argue that as I have no embedded systems of which to speak.
However, some users and devs who use embedded systems have expressed an
interest so I'll let them argue as they will.

Thanks

Roy