Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 13:15:56 +0000 Steve Long
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You wouldn't even be allowed to carry on like that on the forums; why
>> should we users be held up to a higher standard of conduct than devs
>> who sign up to represent gentoo?
>
> You really have no idea what's considered perfectly acceptable on the
> forums, do you?
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-1053530.html#1053530 <-- acceptable

Um, that was in Off The Wall, which is known to be a bit.. er, off the wall?

And idiotic as that post was, he wasn't directing his idiocy at another
user. (I didn't read the whole thread, admittedly, nor am I about to.)

I was slapped down recently just for asking a guy who'd had an extended
whinge/ rant whether he felt all right. I wasn't even trying to belittle
him, I just wanted him to see his feelings were out of context. That's all,
just asking "Blimey, are you feeling all right?"

Hmm maybe that does sound a bit sarcy on reflection (tho it wasn't meant)
but it's the height of civilisation compared to what is "perfectly
acceptable" in /this/ forum.