On 14/03/07, Christian Faulhammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Kevin F. Quinn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> So please, friends, just ignore it, nothing positive will come of it.

 Unfortunately it made its way onto big news site and lowers the view
on Gentoo even more.  From many comments I read we are a dying distro.

V-Li

Ha. This is like the "Is the Linux desktop dead" FUD I read a few
months ago - IIRC it got deservedly derisive comments from the people
on this list when I posted it here. FWIW, that was not written by the
same author, but it could have been. News commentary sites are like
the stock market - when something insignificant but bad happens the
stock goes way down (= doom is predicted), when something
insignificant but good happens the stock goes way up (= whatever
they're writing about is the cure for cancer, &c.) It's the same
prophets of doom who came out of the woodwork over the DuncTank affair
in Debian that, in the main, are posting this rubbish.

Gentoo will die sooner or later - everything does - but I for one am
not going to bury it just because it has "stubbed its toe".

Jeff

--
Q: What will happen in the Aftermath?

A: Impossible to tell, since we're still in the Beforemath.