Michael Cummings a écrit :
So, fellow devs, what's new with development? For those interested, genlop has
migrated into gentoo as a project with the permission of upstream, which no
longer maintain it. Um...any new tools or projects people are working on?

Gnome team's working on gnome 2.16.3 and 2.18.

2.16.3 is just a maintenance release

2.18 is the latest and greatest, not that many user visible changes. Better gstreamer support, better hal integration, fixes in evolution, ...

I encourage all gnome users to try it out and let us know if it works for them so that we can unmask it over the coming days/weeks.

Oh and I'm working on an updated gnome2 eclass, as the current one reads data in /var/db. Fixing this should fix gnome/xfce packages for paludis users among other benefits. If anyone wants to fix env saving in portage, it would help us a lot :)

Cheers,

Rémi