[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
*daemons/applications that crashed:
dbus
powersaved -> KPowersave
Networkmanager -> KNetworkmanager

Also, the new hald didn't want to start, because dbus had crashed because of the auto-hald-reload.

So we need to prevent this before it goes stable:

a) print out a big fat warning before doing the update / make the update interactive, so we make sure, the user knows about the dangers

b) find a way, to postpone the reload until the next reboot / disable auto-reloading for the currently running session

This were the only problems I could find so far.
What I really liked about the update: didn't have to re-emerge (revdep-rebuild) a single package.. ;-)

Regards,

Elias P.

Odd that dbus would crash/restart - hald uses dbus, not the other way around - however, dbus should be restarted to read the new (possibly) hald.conf - the real fix would be for the apps that use hal to NOT bomb when hal is yanked out from under them. Glad it was fairly painless for you.

And it is good to know that some people are using KNetworkManager - I don't have a machine currently with KDE installed (my KDE machine died) and so I haven't tested it at all recently.

-- Steev