Daniel Ostrow wrote:
> I as a developer find it very difficult to cut though what I consider
> noise to find the bits that I consider important to being able to
> continue being an effective developer on a list that I am *required* to
> be subscribed to. We have considered the likes of a moderated list, an
> announce only list and now this sillyness to help in cutting down on
> what a lot of us see as noise. How about we try something else....a self
> moderated quasi-announce list...

Now this idea I really like.  Some things have to be considered though,
the biggest one being how to ensure that the decisions and consensus of
the discussions on -dev actually make their way over to -dev-info.  Also
 how to handle sub-thread tangents and etc.  All in all, I think it's
worth thinking about.

--
dirtyepic                 salesman said this vacuum's guaranteed
 gentoo org          it could suck an ancient virus from the sea