On Tuesday 07 August 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > You wouldn't trust what, exactly? A dev to install a package they're
> > > bumping?
> >
> > you cant tell me the build experience a dev goes through mirrors
> > exactly the same experience very user sees
>
> Which is why it's so important to catch failures.

yes, it's important to catch *important* failures.  a missing doc is generally
not such a failure.

> Something that builds
> correctly for a developer may not build correctly for a user, so being
> strict will help prevent users from installing a broken package.

it's up to the dev to determine what determines a broken package.  a missing
TODO in the doc tree does not a broken package make.

perhaps it'd be useful to introduce an "anal_die".  developers run anal tests,
users get sane tests.
-mike