Hi!

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
> > tetex-alike distribution. So, imho, in that case a kpathsea useflag
> > would make more sense; but I doubt such a useflag name will speak by
> > itself.
>
>  Yes, we should introduce tex, latex and kpathsea USE flags.  Anyone?

As long as the description of the USE flag (such as by euse -i)
is usefule (and *not* the equally omnipresentand useless  "foo -
enables foo support"), I see no trouble in using it.

In this case I'd go for:
kpathsea - Enable (La)TeX integration.

I do understand that sometimes a given USE flags description
can't be unified. USE="foo" might enable very different things in
different packages. But then, global USE flags are the only once
where this is a concern.

For example, take mplayer's (local) USE flag "vidix". euse -i isn't
exactly helpful: "Support for vidix video output"

IMHO, it'd better be "Support X11 DGA video output using the
vidix interface"

One might argue that I should know the stuff I want but what if
I'd want the support for foo if I only knew about it?

Also, my (arguably not very good) example illustrates how extra
keywords might help the user find out what exactly vidix is using
Google.

Regards,
Tobias

PS: Yes, I've read the recend mp3/mp3{de,en}code discussuion,
same problem, actually.
--
In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes.