On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 02:45:48 +0800
Zhang Le <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > And again, you show that you don't understand what's going on. EAPI
> > is only specified once except where developers screw up. The GLEP
> > merely moves the EAPI to being set *before* the metadata is
> > generated, which removes all the restrictions that having EAPI as
> > part of the ebuild's content imposes.
>
> So, you are saying if developers screw up, then the EAPI could be
> specified twice, namely in file name and in file content.
> But why should we tolerate that?

Uh, you don't. You just specify how the package manager handles it
because there's no room for undefined behaviour here.

> And as I have said before, I don't see why having EAPI as part of the
> ebuild's content has any restrictions.
> You can extrace the definition from file content no matter how it is
> defined using whatever way you like.

Ok. What's the EAPI for the following ebuild that's written in an EAPI
that hasn't been published yet? And how would I extract it?

# Copyright blah blah

import vim-spell using language="en"

--
Ciaran McCreesh