Ciaran McCreesh a écrit :
> Developers have to know about EAPIs. It's part of knowing how to write
> ebuilds. There's no way around that -- if you're writing ebuilds, you
> have to know what you are and aren't allowed to do in those ebuilds.

Then please try to keep things simple :)

The majority of devs don't want to know how portage or paludis work
internally, that's not what interests most of us.

On a somewhat related note : I noticed that among the massive thread,
you have brought up several times the issue of cache generation, saying
that it was a complicated process.

Maybe this process needs to be reworked before the whole EAPI issue can
be resolved?

Cheers,

Rémi