Bernd Steinhauser wrote:
I'm aware of the fact, that the revision of the currently installed
package is part of the environment and that is saved, but I'm not only
interested in the revision of the currently installed version, but also
in the revision of the previously installed version. Just wanted to
emphasize that again. ;)

Hope someone comes up with some good ideas. ;)

Would something like this work for you?

pkg_preinst() {
    local pkgdate=$(date "+%Y%m%d %H:%M:%S")
    subversion_wc_info
    if [[ -n ${PORT_SCMDIR} ]]; then
        [[ -e ${ROOT}/${PORT_SCMDIR}/${PN}.revision ]] \
            && cp "${ROOT}/${PORT_SCMDIR}"/${PN}.revision "${T}"
        echo "${pkgdate} - ${P} was merged at revision ${ESVN_WC_REVISION}" \
            >> "${T}"/${PN}.revision
        insinto "${PORT_SCMDIR}"
        doins "${T}"/${PN}.revision
    fi
}

that's for subversion of course.  set PORT_SCMDIR in make.conf.

--
fonts,                                            by design, by neglect
gcc-porting,                              for a fact or just for effect