Chris Gianelloni wrote:
Do we really need a front-page news item for this?  I don't think the
impact would be terribly great, as I suspect this affects a very small
number of people whom are likely to be more advanced users.  I think
adding the info to GMN/gentoo-dev-announce/gentoo-user should suffice.
If someone thinks we need to do a front-page article, we can do that,
too.

IIRC it will affect only 2008 profiles, and not older, so people have to switch profiles first? Which already involves knowing what you're doing? So what about putting up a GMN/front page article announcing all such changes in new profiles, and not just for debianutils removal. I don't recall there was this kind of article/documentation before, but might be wrong.

Vlastimil