"Wulf C. Krueger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Where is the pressing need to do that? Again, which current package would
> use a re-defined "css" USE flag?

No package would use it, and there is no _pressing_ need. I still think
it's nicer to let the user understand. What if we had qt referring to
quicktime, and no qt package just yet? Would it be okay for you not to
be able to understand without looking up the flag if qt referred to
QuickTime or TrollTech's Qt? (being all downcase helps not here,
capitalisation would have helped distinguish between the two).

> I don't think any user will expect media-video/undvd, app-cdr/k3b or
> media-video/cinelerra-cvs to support cascading style sheets but rather
> the other CSS stuff. :-)

This assumes that users know that there are _two_ CSS
technologies. Which I sincerely doubt. Note that even Wikipedia defaults
CSS to Cascading Style Sheet. While it can't say anything aboug Gentoo
users, it says a lot on how that particular acronym is perceived among
the general public.

And I see no compelling reason to stick with a bad choice just for the
sake of not renaming an USE flag, when the alternative is to actually
give back sanity to the flag naming.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/