Natanael and Fabio,

Petteri Räty a écrit :
Natanael Copa kirjoitti:

I'm another distro builder that uses the Gentoo framework. I can only
agree. I had to roll my own binary package format and after a short
while I had to do the dependencies myself and just ignore RDEPEND since
it was close to useless.

http://bugs.gentoo.org

I know that we (in the Gnome Herd) will try to fix things when they are reported and I have no doubt other devs will do so as well.

But a proper bug report is the way to go if you things to move in any direction.

Expected as devs rarely use bin pkgs at all and the Portage support is what it is.

+1 on that and if people who use binary pkgs don't tell us what breaks, we won't know.

Cheers

--
Rémi Cardona
LRI, INRIA