On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:32:41 -0600
Ryan Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > There's an updated, pre-built copy of current PMS at:
> >
> >     http://dev.gentoo.org/~spb/pms.pdf
>
> Thanks for keeping up with this.
>
> > * 174335: Some ebuild use FEATURES. Can we get them to stop doing
> > that, or do we have to force package managers to emulate it?
>
> We seriously need a PM-independent way of saying "run the testsuite",
> "run the testsuite with user privledges", and "run the testsuite with
> root privledges if you can, otherwise forget it".  Also required is
> the ability to make test failures non-fatal on a per-package basis,
> though this probably has nothing to do with the PMS.

How about just checking EUID == 0 in src_test and skip the tests (with a
ewarn message) if it doesn't match your needs?

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.