On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 19:39:02 -0700
Brian Harring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The reason I'm emailing -dev is to ensure there is consensus on
> leaving off an explicit -r0 in the ebuild name- long term, it seems
> folks always followed the rule but it needs to be codified due to
> problems with uniquely identifying the ebuild in the repo.

Uniquely indentifying an ebuild is an issue regardless of whether or
not -r0 is allowed. See PMS section 2.4.

Even ignoring the unique identifiers, banning explicit -r0 globally is
inconsistent anyway. We already allow and use _alpha and _alpha0 (which
mean the same thing) and so on. You'd also be forcing special-casing of
eclasses that would otherwise just use PVR in dep strings.

Please think things through before asking to have pkgcore's bugs 'fixed'
via specification next time...

--
Ciaran McCreesh