Enrico Weigelt wrote:
I'm just installing qemu, which requires gcc-3.x for building. The current breaks are very ugly, IMHO.
So I'm proposing to add the old gcc-3.x as depedency to qemu,
at least as long as it doesn't build w/ newer gcc.

Hi Enrico, it is usually a good idea to search through the Bugzilla before asking for some feature, chances are that it has been already requested (in this case, you're looking for bug 190102). FYI, at least some of qemu's features were ported to gcc4 -- for example, see the kvm-qemu ebuild from bug 157987.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth