On 5/5/08, Jan Kundrát <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Hi Enrico, it is usually a good idea to search through the Bugzilla before
> asking for some feature, chances are that it has been already requested (in
> this case, you're looking for bug 190102). FYI, at least some of qemu's
> features were ported to gcc4 -- for example, see the kvm-qemu ebuild from
> bug 157987.

I also waiting for gcc-4 enabled qemu for long time...
The problem that "emerge --emptytree world" will not work when
packages are compiled in different gcc versions.
The kvm-qemu is not relevant if you don't have the hardware.

One solution I saw is to compile gcc-3 as part of the qemu build
process, and make the qemu use this gcc-3 instance. This way you can
have qemu up and running while the system is configured for gcc-4.

It is very disappointing that upstream does not allow gcc-4
configuration so long after gcc-4 release.

Alon.