Doug Goldstein wrote:
Brian Harring wrote:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 03:06:17AM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
This is your one-day friendly reminder !  The monthly Gentoo Council
meeting is tomorrow in #gentoo-council on irc.freenode.net.  See the
channel topic for the exact time (but it's probably 2000 UTC).

If you're supposed to show up, please show up.  If you're not supposed
to show up, then show up anyways and watch your Council monkeys dance
for you.

For more info on the Gentoo Council, feel free to browse our homepage:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/

Reiterating the early request, I'd like the council to please discuss the current status of PMS, if the running of it satisfys the councils requirements of a *neutral* standard, if the proposed spec actually meets said standards, and if said spec is actually going to be approved sometimes this side of '09.

Effectively, we've watched it essentially progress into a standard that effectively only the paludis folk are adherent to (if in doubt, ask portage folk, my sending this mail is indicative of the pkgcore standpoint)- it's about time the council comment upon it in light of the general view.

Yes, ciaran shall comment.  My request still stands.
Thanks,
~harring
I'd honestly like to see an official PMS project page i.e. http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/pms/

On this page it'd be nice if there was an official link to the current PMS instead of having to rely on grabbing it from random locations i.e. d.g.o/~coldwind/ or d.g.o/~spb/

Allow me to clarify a bit more. I'd like to see a collaborative website that developers for all actively maintained package managers can contribute to and update providing details about compatibility and implementation of the PMS and future additions or revisions of the PMS that will be put forth before the Gentoo Council.