On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:01:19 +0200
Patrick Lauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just to pour some oil on the flames -
>
> Y'all are aware that paludis can't parse a valid make.conf and does
> ignore package.keywords at times, yes?

Yep. We don't claim to or aim to completely support Portage configs.

> Test case is:
>
> FEATURES="strict" # test and stricter fail
>
> in make.conf ... if you had the tests you claim others lack that
> would have been fixed a long time ago.

No, we just don't bother supporting it. Remember that configs aren't
part of PMS.

Also note that if you had something like this in package.use:

foo/bar baz # monkey

Portage would until relatively recently (and after that section of PMS
was written, for the profiles side of it) set USE="baz # monkey".
Paludis chose to indicate an error rather than accept clearly nonsense
input.

There's no PMS violation here -- user configs aren't covered (and if
you do use a Portage user configuration with Paludis, you get a big fat
warning saying "this probably won't work, file tickets if you want
stuff fixed"), and PMS restricts profile use files to behaviour safely
supported by all EAPI 0 accepting Portage versions.

--
Ciaran McCreesh