Benedikt Morbach wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Peter Volkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> But speaking about names of options - -A and -B are easier to remember
>> as -A stands for above and -B for below and grep users already knew
>> that.
>
> for grep -A means after and -B before ;)

I (not having used those grep options frequently), would find it hard to
remember if "-A" meant "blank line after this" or "this after a blank
line".  I am more visual person, so I'd find the separate
eblank/eseparator easier to visualize, and the look of the ebuild src
would match the output more naturally.

As for why it would be more useful than eerror/ewarn without an
argument: it would potentially allow for intelligent "context-based"
coloring of the "*" (based on surrounding lines).

                                        -Joe