Zac Medico wrote:
> Personally I think people are far too concerned about the name of
> the variable. I only see a what I consider to be a trivial or
> negligible benefit in separating these things into two different
> variables. However, it it makes more people happy then I guess I'm
> for it.

Different people have differing sensitivity to things like this
(aesthetics, consistency, etc.).  IMHO, this particular one is not a
*huge* deal (picking my battles, I personally would not choose to be too
vehement on this one), but it's always nice to pick the most
elegant/logical way to do things, especially for things that are exposed
to the dev/ebuild interface and are hard to change later.

                                        -Joe